Botox Treatment in Calabasas, CA
Botox is a tried and tested treatment that has been helping people maintain and boost their beauty for decades. Many people have taken using this treatment as a regular part of their beauty regimens. Either way, if you are seeking Botox treatments in Calabasas, California, keep reading.
What is Botox?
If you’re unfamiliar, Botox is one of the oldest drugs in a class of drugs that use botulinum toxin. Botulinum toxin is created using the microbe that is responsible for botulism, which is not as frightening as it sounds. This microbe actually causes muscle paralysis by preventing the nerves from releasing the chemical acetylcholine. This makes it an excellent tool to use when trying to prevent or correct wrinkles. Botulinum toxin helps smooth wrinkles and lines with very few side effects when used in the proper dosages.
Other Uses for Botox
Although Botox is primarily used to help smooth and remove wrinkles and lines from the face, it doesn’t stop there. Over the years, researchers have uncovered other uses for Botox, such as:
- Chronic Migraines: One of the most revolutionary uses for Botox is to reduce or eliminate chronic migraines. This is because migraines are a debilitating medical issue with very few medical treatment options. While those who suffer from chronic migraines were long since told that there is no cure, Botox injections have demonstrated the ability to provide substantial relief to many patients.
- Cervical Dystonia: Although this is a rare neurological disorder, cervical dystonia is an excruciating disorder that causes the muscles in the neck to contract on their own. This condition can also cause the neck to become jammed in painful positions. Luckily, Botox can be used to help sufferers; it paralyzes the muscles and prevents them from these sporadic, painful contractions.
- Hyperhidrosis: Those who suffer from hyperhidrosis are plagued by excessive sweat, no matter the temperature or how active you may be. Luckily, Botox injections may be used to relieve this uncomfortable, embarrassing issue. Fortunately, Botox can help suppress the chemical that triggers sweating. This can help relieve symptoms of hyperhidrosis when injected directly into the underarm area.
- TMJ: Botox may also be helpful in treating TMJ, or teeth grinding, by relaxing the muscles in the jaw.
The Specifics of the Procedure
If you are wondering about the specifics of the Botox procedure, here are the specifics:
- Avoid drinking coffee the day of your procedure.
- Also, avoid drinking alcohol for a full 24 hours before your procedure.
- Eat a healthy snack before your procedure to prevent lightheadedness, especially if you have a mental reaction to needles.
- When you arrive at your appointment, the conditions of your lines and wrinkles will be assessed.
- Your skin will be cleaned using an antiseptic solution.
- From there, they will inject Botox in the most affected areas.
You must follow specific aftercare instructions to optimize the effects as with all cosmetic procedures. Here are some things you need to do after your procedure:
- Avoid direct sunlight for at least 24 hours.
- Observe your skin closely to see if the lines or wrinkles disappear. One way to measure your progress is by taking pictures daily.
- Use a mild moisturizer to hydrate your skin. Avoid injection sites.
- If you have any bruises or marks from the procedure, you can carefully cover them with makeup the next day. They should disappear within a few days.
- Avoid strenuous activities immediately following your treatment.
- Avoid lying down for a few hours to ensure the neurotoxin works appropriately.
Who is Most Eligible for Botox?
Although Botox is a highly effective treatment for lines and wrinkles, it is not for everyone. Nevertheless, it may be best for those who can relate to the following:
- You have lines or wrinkles on your face that you would like to get rid of.
- You have tried other non-invasive methods of removing your lines and wrinkles to no avail.
- You are not interested in surgery or other invasive procedures of getting rid of those lines and wrinkles.
- You are between the ages of 35 and 65 years old and in good health.
Avoid Botox if you are:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have been diagnosed with skin allergies or other related conditions
- Allergic to proteins
Looking for Botox Treatments in Calabasas, California?
If you are seeking Botox treatments in Calabasas, Onsite Med Spa is here to serve you. Moreover, you can get your treatments in the comfort of your own home, one of our qualified experts will come to you! Learn more by contacting us, or book an appointment for your next visit!