Dysport Treatment in Calabasas, CA
Although in the past, effective, non-invasive beauty treatments were virtually nonexistent, times have changed. Given that we are now in the age of technology, these days, we have more treatment options than ever. For instance, Dysport treatments are a cutting-edge treatment option that has both cosmetic and medical benefits. With that in mind, if you are a resident of Calabasas, CA, the following is a closer look at Dysport treatments, as well as how to receive them.
What is Dysport?
For those who are yet unfamiliar, Dysport (abobotulinumtoxin A) is primarily an anti-aging treatment created to reduce/slow the appearance of wrinkles. Like Botox, Dysport is a botulinum toxin that can be injected under the skin into targeted muscles and areas to produce the desired effects. Although it is most often used to help reduce or soften the appearance of wrinkles, this neurotoxin can also be used to treat conditions such as TMJ (grinding teeth), migraines, or hyperhidrosis.
How Does Dysport Work?
Dysport is injected under the skin into the targeted specified muscle. This is done as a means of limiting the movement of the muscles in the areas immediately surrounding the chosen muscle. Due to the fact that these movements cause the wrinkles to form, limiting the muscle’s ability to move can help soften or reduce the appearance of wrinkles in the specified areas. Therefore, the injection relaxes the muscle, which allows the skin to become smoother and reduces the appearance of wrinkles in the chosen areas.
Why Should You Consider Using Dysport?
If you’re wondering why you should consider trying Dysport, here are a few advantages of doing so:
- FDA Approved: One of the top benefits of using Dysport is that it’s FDA approved to treat wrinkles, cervical dystonia, spasticity, TMJ (grinding teeth), migraines, and hyperhidrosis. This means the treatment is considered to be both safe and effective for the average user.
- Fast Results: Another advantage of using Dysport is that it offers fast results. In particular, most patients notice a difference within 3-5 days. Moreover, although there is a noticeable difference within a week, the wrinkles tend to become progressively less pronounced for weeks to follow. Better yet, the treatment only takes 10-20 minutes to complete.
- Non-Invasive: Another great benefit is that the treatment is non-invasive. This means there are no incisions or other major injuries to recover from. Therefore, there is little to no recovery time once the procedure has been completed.
- Relatively Painless: The procedure involves the use of anesthesia, which means patients feel little to no pain during the process.
- Stop Wrinkles in their Tracks: Not only does Dysport soften existing wrinkles, but it also stops new ones from forming.
- Long-Lasting: Dysport is also a long-lasting treatment that lasts for up to 5 months.
Who Should Consider Using Dysport?
You are a great candidate for Dysport if you:
- You have lines and wrinkles on your face that you want to make less noticeable.
- You are concerned about new wrinkles developing in the future.
- You are not interested in a facelift or other invasive procedures.
- You suffer from TMJ (grinding teeth), migraines, or hyperhidrosis and haven’t found a suitable, long-term treatment option.
- You are not allergic to cow’s milk protein.
- You’re not pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
After Care Instructions
Once your procedure has been completed, make sure you do the following:
- Be prepared to deal with small nodes that form under the skin. They will disappear over the next few days. Once they have disappeared, you can massage the areas.
- Avoid high and direct heat for at least 24 hours.
- Rest and take it easy. You will likely experience a mild headache.
- After 24 hours, moisturize the areas with Vaseline to reduce itchiness and dry skin.
- Take over-the-counter medications to lessen the pain. Steer clear of aspirin, as it is known to thin the blood, causing complications.
- After 24 hours or more, use makeup to cover any small bruises that may appear on the skin.
Do You Need A Dysport Treatment in Calabasas, CA?
Overall, if you are considering investing in Dysport treatments in Calabasas, CA, Onsite Medspa is here to serve you. Offering safe, speedy appointments in the comfort of your own home, On-Site provides you with a convenient mobile service that allows you to receive many simple, non-invasive treatments in your chosen location. Providing patients with Botox, Fillers, Micro-needling, PRP, and more; if you are interested in Dysport or any of the mentioned treatments, contact your friend at Onsite Medspa today.