Vampire Facial Treatment in Calabasas, CA
Although the name may sound a tad intimidating, a vampire facial is actually a revolutionary cosmetic treatment with lots of benefits. Indeed, although there is a wide array of treatments on the market, vampire facials are a cutting-edge method that seems to be taking the cosmetic world by storm. Nevertheless, since the procedure is still relatively unknown, many people are missing out on the potential benefits of investing in this procedure. With that in mind, here is an overview of the vampire facial, its benefits, side effects, and more.
What is a Vampire Facial?
Also known as Microneedling, a Vampire Facial is a facial process that includes the use of tiny needles to make understated and almost invisible pricks into the skin. This is because Microneedling with PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) can help reduce the appearance of scars caused by surgeries, acne, or similar issues. It also helps to make the skin tighter as well as more supple and smooth.
In other words, using the plasma from your own blood, the Vampire Facial makes it possible for the skin to produce collagen, which helps boost healing, and tissue regeneration, allowing your skin to look firmer, younger, and more supple.
What Does the Vampire Facial Procedure Entail?
If you are wondering about what the Vampire Facial procedure entails, here are the steps of the process:
- Preparation: To begin the process, the treatment area will be carefully cleaned and prepared for the procedure.
- Drawing Blood: Next, the clinician will draw around two teaspoons of blood from your arm.
- Separating Plasma from Blood: After that, the blood is set in a centrifuge for about 10 minutes. This is a machine used to rotate the blood at high speeds, thus causing the platelet-rich plasma to rise to the top, making it easy to separate and remove it.
- Anesthesia: When preferred or necessary, the clinician may use a topical anesthetic. This is used to make the procedure more comfortable.
- The Treatment: After using the Rejuvapen for a microneedling treatment, the platelet-rich plasma will be applied to the treatment area. The Rejuvapen is used to create micro-channels to produce direct passages to the deepest layer of the skin and facilitate the healing process in the areas treated.
- Results: Generally speaking, the average patient sees the greatest results after three treatments. These treatments should be around a month apart. However, in some instances, one treatment may be sufficient. Nevertheless, keep in mind that this is a slow process that requires patience. This is because it takes around 30 days for the new collagen to renew itself, and thus, it will take time for the skin to revitalize itself.
Who Should Consider a Vampire Facial?
The best candidates for Vampire Facials are those who are looking for non-invasive methods of treating the following:
- Dark under-eye circles
- Crow’s feet
- Fine lines around the mouth
- Crepey skin around the eyes, neck, and/or chest
- Coarse skin texture
- Gray or dull skin tone
- Sun damage
- Acne scars
- Big pores
After your procedure is completed, you need to be sure to do the following:
- Hydrate the Skin: One of the main things you need to do following a Vampire Facial is to hydrate your skin. This means you should be moisturizing the skin with a high-quality moisturizer.
- Protect Skin from Sun Damage: You also need to protect the skin from sun damage. To do so, you will want to avoid direct sunlight for at least ten days after the procedure. In addition, you will want to use a sunblock of 30 SPF; it can be applied within a day of your procedure. You may also want to wear hats when you are in direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time.
- Watch for Cold Sores: Those prone to cold sores may experience a breakout that will require a prophylactic medication.
- Wash Face: Within a few hours of the treatment, using a tender, circular motion, you should wash your face with lukewarm water to remove any remaining serum or dried blood.
- Avoid Alcohol Toners: You will also want to avoid using toners that contain alcohol.
Looking for a Vampire Facial Treatment in Calabasas, CA?
Overall, if you are interested in receiving a Vampire Facial in Calabasas, CA, Onsite Medspa is here to serve you. As a mobile concierge service, Onsite offers convenient treatments such as Botox, fillers, Vampire Facials, and more, all in the comfort of your own home. Ready to book? Contact Onsite Medspa today, and a qualified clinician will be sent to your chosen location.