Although some issues may be harmless to your health, they may still ruin your self-esteem. Spider veins are an example of such an issue. These unsightly veins may not cause many health issues; however, they can certainly stop you from wearing your favorite bathing suit. Fortunately, if you are suffering from spider veins, one non-invasive treatment option can work wonders: sclerotherapy. With that in mind, the following is a closer look at how this new treatment can help Bel Air residents get rid of spider veins.
What are Spider Veins?
For those yet unfamiliar, spider veins are veins that may have the appearance of tree branches or spider webs. Also known as thread veins, spider veins are usually red, blue, or purple and can be clearly seen from under the skin. However, although they are commonly confused with varicose veins, spider veins do not bulge out of the skin in such a manner.
Moreover, although they do not have many symptoms or medical implications, spider veins are a mild symptom of varicose vein disease.
Signs of Spider Veins
If you have unsightly veins in areas such as the legs, they may be spider veins. Since they are often confused with varicose veins, here is a list of the signs of spider veins:
- Veins that are achy, painful, or burning at times.
- The veins appear on your legs, thighs, forearms, face, or hands.
- Pain may worsen after sitting, standing, or being active for prolonged periods.
Spider Vein Causes
Although people of all ages may suffer from spider veins, here are some of the most common causes for this issue:
- Hormone level fluctuations
- Improperly functioning vein valves
- Increased blood pressure
- Sun damage
Sclerotherapy Treatment for Spider Veins
One cutting-edge treatment for spider veins is sclerotherapy. This procedure is used to treat spider veins and reticular veins. The process itself involved injecting the sclerosing agent, Asclera. It can be highly useful in treating spider veins because it is harmful to endothelium and allows your veins’ walls to remain intact. Ultimately, these injections result in the removal of platelets and cellular debris known to cause the clotting and swelling present in most spider veins. Moreover, this treatment is non-invasive, requires no surgery, and has very little downtime.
One of the best parts of Asclera is that over 87% of patients who submitted to this procedure were either satisfied or very satisfied with their treatment. Furthermore, these patients were significantly more satisfied than when treated with a placebo.
The Specifics of Sclerotherapy
If you are interested in getting Asclera to treat your spider veins, here are the specifics of the procedure:
- The initial treatment session can last anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes, depending on the severity.
- Several injections will be administered, 1 per inch in all affected areas.
Post Treatment Instructions
Once you have completed your treatment, you will need to do the following:
- Patients must wear compression stockings or support hose for a full 2 to 3 days following the procedure. After that, these garments must be worn during the day for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Follow-up to see if other sessions are required. Most often, patients require an additional 1 to 2 treatments.
Who Should Consider Sclerotherapy Treatment?
Although this treatment has been deemed safe and effective for most people, sclerotherapy is not for everyone. However, you may want to consider sclerotherapy treatment if you can relate to the following:
- You suffer from unsightly spider veins or reticular veins.
- The veins are uncomplicated, which means reticular veins that are 1 to 3 mm in diameter. Spider veins that are the smallest varicose veins, at or less than 1 mm in diameter.
- Your veins are especially unsightly and have caused you to feel self-conscious.
- Your veins are becoming painful, which has caused you to seek out medical treatments.
Patients must also AVOID:
- Physical Exertion
- Prolonged sun exposure
- Sitting in one position for prolonged periods
- Lengthy plane flights, bus/car trips
- Sauna, hot tub, or hot baths
Ready for Spider Vein Treatment in Bel Air?
If you are a resident of Bel Air who is ready for spider vein treatment, we’re here to help. Schedule your appointment with our team of experts here at Onsite Medspa. We’ll gladly administer this procedure in the comfort of your own home and will be here to follow up with you every step of the way. So contact us today to schedule your appointment and make your spider vein problem scurry away!